This jump rope is the same specs as our popular signature beaded rope but with long handles. We recommend this rope if you are at an intermediate/advanced level and for freestyle jumping.
The long handles give you more reach when doing crosses and wraps and so allows for easier execution of more advanced trick combinations. The beads are weighted to give you feel and feedback as the rope moves through the air. In addition, the beads allow the rope to hold its shape and doesn't kink and generally moves slower giving you more control when learning and executing skills. Some people also prefer to have a bigger surface area to catch for releases.
We still recommend that beginners start with the short handle beaded rope in order to learn technique and hand positioning correctly first and then add this rope to the collection! Also, long handles are somewhat down to personal preference too!
Here are just some of the benefits of beaded ropes:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, if beads wear and break, you will have spare beads to replace the broken beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces and on harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our long handle beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - circa 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA
- 8" Long handles: Great for intermediate/advanced freestyle. Makes reaching for crosses and wraps easier and so ideal for executing more advanced freestyle routines. Unbreakable low-density polyethylene 8" handle / 1oz weight (each handle) / .9" diameter at end. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
As soon as I started using this rope I felt everything was much easier and smoother to execute.
Would really recommend this rope to beginners like me who are just starting out.
Dope Ropes Long Handle Beaded Freestyle Rope
Received pretty quickly despite the Covid delays. It was a big change from my other rope but with fabulous customer service from Keon, I've progressed massively on this great beaded rope. Would thoroughly recommend on every level. Committed to jumping now. Thanks so much Keon and team.
I am a mum of three in my 40’s and fitness is a big part of my life, however I always hated skipping, I tried it a few times and could never get the hang of it.
Due to a hamstring tear I was advised to try skipping to rehab the injury as I wasn’t able to run. I ordered one of your ropes and watched a few tutorials and now I can’t get enough!
I even managed a few tricks!
The jump rope community is incredibly helpful and I love to watch everyone’s progress.
I can’t thank you enough for your fantastic rope and tutorials. It just goes to show that your never too old to learn new things!
Best wishes. 😊
I’m a complete beginner but have seen fast progress and It’s providing great fitness and entertainment whilst in lockdown. Love the product.